The Royal Aero Club Trust
The Royal Aero Club Trust was established in 1998, with HRH The Duke of York KG GCVO as its Patron.
In 2012, the ownership of the Royal Aero Club’s collection of trophies, pictures and artefacts, together with the Club’s archives, was formally transferred from the Club to the Trust. The main effect of this change is that the Trust is required, by its status as a charity, to provide the best possible access to the Collection, and especially to the archive.
When the Trust was first established, generous donations from Royal Aero Club member associations, from the Royal Aeronautical Society, and from several individual benefactors funded the initial expenses. The Trustees continue actively to raise funds, both to conserve the Collection, and to help young people to take part in air sports and recreation.
If you love air sport and its history, there are a number of ways in which you can assist the Trust in its tasks – these include Gift Aid Donations, Legacies and Covenants.
Trustees and Officers
Chairman of Trustees:
• James Crocker
• Frederick O Marsh
• Gavin Murphy
Honorary Treasurer & Honorary Secretary:
• Peter Crispin
• David Bills
• Kieron Shaw
• James Crocker (Chairman of Trust)
• Frederick O Marsh (President)
• Peter Crispin (Trust Treasurer & Secretary)
• David Bills
• Andrew Dawrant
• Richard Dilworth MVO
• Sir David Hempleman-Adams KCVO
• Dick Poole
• Keiron Shaw
Royal Aero Club Trust Limited.
A company limited by guarantee.
Registered in England No 3346344.
31 St Andrew's Road
The Trustees would like to thank the following advisors for their professional support of the Trust:
• SDS Heritage at www.sds-heritage.co.uk for their work in scanning, digitising, and indexing the RAeC Minute Books; for providing a fully functional search engine for the Minute Books; and for developing and hosting this web-site.
• Adworks Design Limited at www.adworksdesign.co.uk for their work on the interface design of the web-site.
• Bonhams, Fine Art Auctioneers and Valuers at www.bonhams.com for their advice about the value of items in the Collection.